What to Expect from Open Beta
It’s good to remember that Beta Builds are a pre-release version of the final software and may be unstable, lack features and generally not function as expected. It’s important you’re aware of this before participating. Open Beta can be fun and hugely rewarding, but it can also be frustrating. If you want to join in the process, welcome-aboard! If the Open Beta is not for you, that’s okay too. You can change your mind at any time and return to the version you’re used to.
This update brings you a bank of new sound effects to use on Stage and Group controls for Group owners to have better control on the type of content in their Group.
WOLF DJ SFX
You’ll now find a bank of sound effects in the broadcast toolbar which can be played while on Stage. What’s more, you can even swap in new sound effects from our sound bank to replace the 5 default sounds.
This new feature gives Group owners better control on the type of content in their Group, including the rate this content is displayed. Features include:
- Slow mode - This allows Group owners to manage the speed of the content, limiting it to be sent every 15 seconds per user.
- Disable images/links - Group owners will be able to disable images and links sent in their Group.
- Disable Voice messages - Group owners will be able to disable users from sending voice messages in their groups.
N.B - Only available to selected users initially.
- We’ve made app performance improvements as well as other general bug fixes.
This part is hugely important because you are our eyes and ears. Your feedback can help fix an important issue or help make the correct decision when the answer is not clear. If you think you’ve found an issue, here’s what to do:
Join the appropriate Open Beta group for your language and device (See Below). Post your findings where a member of staff or volunteer will help validate if you have found something new or if it’s already a known issue. Open Beta Groups:
If you would like to offer feedback or have questions, please join these Groups:
iOS (Arabic): [openbeta-ios.ar]
iOS (English): [openbeta-ios]
- Android (Arabic): [openbeta-android.ar]
- Android (English): [openbeta-android]
If you want to go back to an old build